Most brands are preferring social networks to promote and sell their products and/or services. They invest budgets in Social Media campaigns to increase their sales, have a better relationship with their customers, and achieve their goals.
Therefore, it is important to carry out a social media audit to have a successful campaign. An audit allows us to detect if something is not working well or if there are better strategies than others.
In this article, we will explain what a social media audit is and how you can manage it.
What is a social media audit?
A social media audit is used to collect all the important information from your social media profiles or accounts in one place.
It will be in charge of analyzing your activity, audience, budget for each social platform, and the results.
Thus, you will be able to know if you are reaching your objectives, evaluate if your strategies are effective, and see if it is necessary to adjust them to have better results.
How to carry out the audit of social networks?
To find out if your investment in effort and time is giving results, you must carry out a social network audit in these steps, which will allow you to know in detail the status of your Social Media accounts.
Create a template for your audit
Creating a template for a social media audit will allow you to stay organized and you will be able to get all the information to make adjustments or see if the established strategies are working well.
Remember that, to have better results, you should perform this action periodically. Also, remember that the first step should include the following guidelines:
- Get all the information from each of your social media accounts.
- Having information that helps you learn more about your target audience.
- Be clear about what your metrics will be, for example, you can include comments, reactions to your posts, conversions, and any other measurable indicator.
- From your first report, you will be able to monitor your audit.
Analyze the accounts of each social network
To improve your audit, the next step is to analyze the accounts of each social network to evaluate the best digital strategies to attract customers and align your brand.
To do this, review the following aspects to have better results:
- Profile photo and cover image: These are elements that will reflect the essence of your brand, through images. Remember that you must include your company logo in your profile photo.
- Profile text: This is the content that details brief information about your business, and that will be visible to all your users and potential customers. Remember that this point must align with your brand identity.
- Posts linked to other accounts: Remember that the posts you connect or link to on all social media platforms should enhance your Social Media strategy and be relevant to your brand.
Identify the best publications of your brand
To see what types of posts are having success, it is necessary to identify the best posts for your brand.
When obtaining them, analyze each of them and compare what aspects they have in common or what are the differences.
You will be able to be more clear about the publications that you can use to capture the attention of your potential customers and thus increase your sales.
Analyze and evaluate your budget
The next point is to analyze and evaluate your budget. This is a key factor to know at what level your social media audit is going.
To do this, you must not forget the following points:
- Cost of each management tool
- Advertising investment
- Payment for hiring a digital marketing agency
In addition, you must consider the costs that affect your budget and analyze the Return on Investment (ROI) to have a more detailed report of your Social Media strategy.
Analyze your audience
Now, it’s time to analyze your audience more. Therefore, you must review the demographics of your followers and everything that pleases your target audience.
Thus, you can create better strategies for content and improve social media campaigns for your brand.
Perform the audit periodically
Like any audit, if you don’t do it periodically, you won’t be able to have better results any longer. So it is important that you perform the social media audit periodically, since algorithms, alignments, trends, etc., can change.
Therefore, you should review your audit to see which strategies are working best or which are failing.
It is advisable to carry out an audit 2 or 3 times a year. Remember that you must make sure that your budget and your time are worth it, to evaluate the performance of your social networks, and your Social Media campaign is more effective for your target audience and for your brand.
Good management of Social Media will improve your strategies in social networks. At Digital Specialist, it helps you establish better techniques to have good results. Contact us to start your Social Media project.